With Bloodborne slowly dripping away from everyone’s hands, it’s time for a whole new slew of games for the month of May. There really isn’t too much at first glance, but this month will likely be more action RPGs!
I will start first with the heavy-hitter in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. This game is a huge open world fantasy world that I can’t wait to explore. I have played just a short amount of The Witcher 2, but enough to know that I want to play CD Projekt Red’s most ambitious game yet. Plenty of hours and quests to keep me busy as we enter the summer months. It will likely take up most of my gaming time, but that’s a good thing. Here’s what I’m excited for:
- Hunting exotic beasts will be a blast
- Attack the game at any angle, go exploring, trade/craft, take on a ton of side quests
- Influence the world by making Good or Evil choices
- Combat is engaging and fun, tons of skills and abilities, as well as upgradeable weapons
- Mature story
Up next is a game that jumped up on the Steam’s early access release schedule for May. Tree of Life is a sandbox MMORPG that really has never been put together like this before. It’s been in heavy beta testing and development for that past 3 years, and at first glance it looks very promising. Basically as the video shows, you start off with your fists and a desire to go out and explore the surrounding environment. Eventually you may team up with other players to build small or large scale towns. Here are some key features that have been confirmed so far:
- Buy-2-Play with additional (cosmetic) Item Shop
- Cost around $20
- Walking straight across the map takes around 3 hours
- Servers can hold approximately 1,000 Players
- No Auto-Target Combat
- One character can’t master all skills
- Movement via W-A-S-D keys, and mouse look
Note-worthy mentions that may get some attention:
Dragon Age: Inquisition DLC (PS4) as well as finishing up the main story, hopefully!
More Heroes of the Storm!!